Apply to our Graduate Program
Admission to the graduate programs of the College is handled through the College of Science and Engineering. For general information regarding graduate admission see the TCU Graduate Studies web pages.
Application deadlines for the College are flexible, but apply by January 1 for maximum consideration for Fall admission and by October 1 for maximum consideration for Spring admission.
General information for all applicants:
For a complete application the following documents and information are needed:
- A completed online application (see below.)
- Three letters of recommendation (the online application will prompt you for information regarding your references.)
- Transcripts of all colleges attended (upload unofficial copies via the online application. If you are admitted to the program a single copy of all official transcripts will be required – see address below) [When applicable, student needs to submit English translations of transcripts. We do not provide this service.] Minimum requirement 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Personal Statement of Purpose (upload via the the online appication. Essay – 1,000 words or less, that describes your motivation and goals for graduate study, career ambitions, and the specific ways TCU may fit those.)
- GRE/TOEFL scores (input scores in Testing Information section in the online application, then request ETS to send official scores to TCU Graduate Studies, institutional code 6820) [Requirement for GRE is a minimum score of 300 (new scale) or 1000 (old scale); TOEFL is a minimum score of 80 IBT.]
- Application fee of $60 (payment via online application.)
For international applicants only:
- TOEFL is required of all international students – applicant may request a telephone interview with the department for possible waiver of the TOEFL.
- For U.S. permanent resident: Please confirm that you are a permanent resident of the United States by emailing a scanned copy of your green card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For non-permanent residents, please email the completed International Student and Scholar Form to email@example.com.
- International Student and Scholar Form PDF icon
Admitted students will also be required to provide proof of financial support by filling out and returning the following form. Students on full Teaching Assistantships (see below) do not have to use this form.
Financial Statement for International Students PDF icon
For additional information for international students refer to the International Student Services (ISS) web pages.
Graduate financial aid:
A limited number of Teaching Assistantships are available through the College to full-time graduate students. Applicants must be admissible to a graduate program, have an outstanding academic record and present favorable recommendations. Students admitted conditionally are not normally eligible for graduate financial aid until all conditions have been met.
Refer to the TCU Graduate Studies website (www.graduate.tcu.edu) for additional information about graduate financial aid.
To apply for admission to a TCU College of Science and Engineering graduate program:
Please use the address below for mailing of any hard copies of documents (e.g. transcripts sent from your institutions). Please also feel free to contact us regarding any questions you may have about the applicaton process.
Dr. Magnus Rittby, Senior Associate Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TCU College of Science & Engineering
Attn: Graduate Studies
TCU Box 298960
Fort Worth, TX 76129